UPDATION OF KYC DETAILS AS PER SEBI CIRCULAR NO. SEBI/HO/MIRSD_RTAMB/P/CIR/2021/655 DATED 3rd NOV 2021
Please refer to the above circular issued by SEBI that mandates all the listed companies to record the
PAN, Nomination, KYC Details of all the shareholders and Bank Account details of first holder. This is
applicable for all the security holders in physical mode.
The salient features and requirements of the circular are as follows:
- Non – Updation of KYC - Folios : wherein any ONE of the cited details/ documents (i.e PAN, Banks Details, Nomination) are not available on or after April 01, 2023, shall be frozen as per SEBI circular.
- The securities in the frozen folios shall be:
- Eligible to lodge any grievance or avail service request from the RTA only after furnishing the complete documents / details as aforesaid.
- Eligible for any payment including dividend, interest, or redemption payment only through electronic mode upon complying with the above stated requirements.
- The relevant formats for Nomination and Updation of KYC details viz; Forms ISR-1, ISR-2, ISR-3, SH-13 & SH-14 and SEBI Circulars are available on the RTA’s Website i.e. https://www.linkintime.co.in & also available on the Company’s website i.e. www.necoindia.com.
- Original cancelled cheque leaf bearing the name of the first holder failing which first Security holder is required to submit copy of bank passbook / statement attested by the bank which is mandatory for registering the new bank details.
- Mandatory Linkage of PAN with Aadhar:- As per the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), it is mandatory to Link PAN with Aadhaar number for resident investors by March 31,2022. Security Holders who are yet to link the PAN with Aadhar number are requested to get the same done before March 31, 2022. Post March 31, 2022 or any other date as may be specified by the CBDT, RTAs shall accept only valid PANs and the ones which are linked to the Aadhaar number. The Folios in which PAN is / are not valid as on the notified cut-off date of March, 31, 2022 or any other date as may be notified by CBDT , shall also be frozen.
Note: - Security holders from Sikkim can provide self-attested copy of Aadhar Card/ Voter’s Card/ Driving License/Passport or any other identity proof as issued by the Govt. In view of aforesaid, we request you to submit the Investor Service Request Form ISR-1 herewith, along with the required supporting documents as stated in Form ISR-1 at the earliest.
You may use any ONE of the following modes for submission:
- In hard copy: by furnishing original /photocopy(ies) of the relevant Documents duly self attested with date
- With e-sign:
- In case your email is already registered with us, you may send the scanned copies of your KYC documents with e-sign at the dedicated email-id of our RTA ie. email@example.com.
Kindly Mention the email subject line as “KYC Updation – (Company Name) - Folio No :________________”
- Investors can also upload KYC documents with e-sign on the website of our RTA ie. www.linkintime.co.in – Investor Services - KYC Compliance.